Information about the coronavirus can be found on the web site for the B.C. Center for Disease Control. bccdc.ca
or Fraser Health Website: fraserhealth.ca
There is a community testing site in Ladner. Appointments are booked online through the BC CDC website.
Anyone with symptoms of sore throat, cough, shortness of breath etc are encouraged to get tested. There is no testing for travel or employment.
Covid 19 Safety Plan
1. A risk assessment has been done. Modifications have been made to the Clinic using the advice of the Provincial Medical Health Officer,
the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, and WorkSafeBC.
2. The Staff have been involved in the risk assessment, education, and modification of job tasks.
3. We will continue to control access to the Clinic. Entrance will be by telephone pre-arrangement.
4. Physicians will continue to offer Virtual Visits, either by telephone or video link.
5. A maximum of 8 patients will be admitted to the waiting room to allow for 6 foot spacing.
6. Patients will be given screening questions for Covid symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or recent travel or exposure.
7. There are physical barriers to reinforce separation protocols.
8. Cleaning protocols will be enhanced and will include at least twice daily cleaning of common touch surfaces.
9. Exam rooms, along with stethoscopes and BP cuffs will be cleaned after each use.
10. Personal protective equipment will be used as appropriate. At a minimum the staff will be using surgical masks.
As of Monday November 9/20 patients must also wear a surgical mask. One will be provided if you don't have your own.
11. Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer are already established. This will be enhanced. Hand hygiene will be done
before and after patient contact.
12. Unnecessary equipment and materials will be removed from the waiting room and the exam rooms to facilitate cleaning.
13. Signs are posted regarding hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
14. There is a contingency plan for evaluation and management of staff illness.
15. The plan will be reviewed and modified as circumstances change.